and now i present…
my 2008 awards
1) DRINKING BUDDY OF THE YEAR?
first time award winner, katy martin. whilst theatreing in new york this past november, we were presented with an unusual beverage involving pickles. i could not have made it without her.
2) LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD – LONGEST FRIEND(s)?
the past two years, this has been my bff forever, lisa, and while she is the BEST, a surprising twist awards this year’s lifetime service award, to none other than amy bryant. that’s right! my older and coolest sister. she buys me sweet earrings, offers up great advice…and is just all around super!
3) HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR?
this award is presented to soma austin. ohhhhh the wonderful friends i have made through this place! congrats, soma. you rock hard!
4) BEST HOLIDAY?
this award, goes to (for the second year) cinco de mayo!! it was a great evening with friends and delicious food. a close second would have to be valentine’s day. amanda’s cat, george, took the two of us plus sam, to truluck’s for dinner. it was a fine evening.
5) ANTHEM FOR 2007?
metro station: shake it. enough said. congratulations!
6) BEST NIGHT OUT?
best night out is awarded to an afternoon/evening night out and this goes to…november 23rd!!! this was the day team dim sum was formed and the day cape disappointment opened in nyc. kosovo, ss, nine30 and thinkwell united in this crazy powerforce accompanied by incredible dim sum, chinatown bus riding, cupcake searching, picture taking, subway riding and the debate society. it was a night to be remembered for sure!
7) BEST NEW RELATIONSHIP?
the best new relationship award is awarded in a four-way tie this year friends. congratulations to amanda c., sherry b., jacob v. and harley dog! great job guys.
8) BEST CONCERT/PLAY/THEARTRE?
wow this was a really hard decision this year, and unfortunately the academy could only have one winner in this particular category. i saw a LOT of great theatre and performances this year. lewis black. reggie watts. the debate society. oh my gosh and ‘get your war on’ was a scream! but after all said and done, this award goes out to the ting tings, live at the parish room. that was the most rockinest show ever!
9) BEST BLOG?
i would like to break this up into a few categories this year, and will be awarded as follows:
1. BEST COUPLES BLOG – congrats corby and nat! i love that you both update. and i love your blog.
2. BEST NEW BLOG/WEBSITE – shari henson! that’s right. her photog website is top notch. you rule, shari!
3. FUNNIEST BLOG – kristin k. thomas….thank you for your guest post earlier this year as well. pc hearts you!
4. OLDIE BUT GOODIE – i present this award to kyle lent! YAY KYLE! your blog is a combination of wit and hilarity and i enjoy every post.
5. BEST FAMILY BLOG – athetrooks! yay! congratulations. of course i might be a tad biased, since the actual plastic cupcake has appeared on your site. nontheless, great job!
6. BEST VIDEO BLOG – congrats to austin wadlow. your video updates are awesome!
10) BEST IDEA?
the best idea of 2008 is presented to the idea of me becoming an aunt. times 2! in 2009. HOORAY! way to go sisters. i can’t wait to feed your kids cupcakes and then send them home to you on a sugar high.
11) BEST VACATION?
back in march i went to visit my friend angela. she is one of my heart friends, that i just enjoy seeing every so often. we sat on the beach and ate brownies for breakfast…read lots of books and swam. it was the BEST. thanks angela! and congratulations!
12) BEST TWITTERER?
this is hard. many of our award winners tonight, could be chosen for this category as well. but in the end, i have chosen @r_scheckel and @kelseywynns. you guys crack me up!
thanks for reading! your trophies are in the mail. cheers to a great 2009!